Or make a donation online, through Network for Good. Just click on the link below:
Support by Shopping!
You can support Groundwork simply by shopping online at Amazon.com. Just click here and shop normally, and a portion of your purchase will come back to Groundwork. Let your friends know to shop by coming to groundworksomerville.org first.
Or support us with GoodSearch! GoodSearch.com is a new Yahoo-powered search engine that donates half its advertising revenue, about a penny per search, to the charities its users designate. Use it just as you would any search engine, get quality search results from Yahoo, and watch the donations add up!
Not convinced? Take a look at just some of our amazing accomplishments this year…
- Hired 14 high school youth to work with us through summer 2013
- Hired 4 Supervisors of the Green Team, creating 4 new green jobs in our community
- Renovated and expanded the South Street Farm with the assistance of volunteers
- Tended, harvested and sold produce from 8 schoolyard gardens and the South Street Farm
- Organized a meeting with local lawmakers to discuss the importance of youth jobs; joined rallies to support statewide youth jobs funding
- Presented at Tufts Sustainability Conference and FeastMass fundraiser
- Engaged over 400 students in hands-on, garden-based nature & nutrition education
- Ran weekly after-school clubs at 8 schools across Somerville September through June, providing volunteering opportunities for about 25 community members
- Renovated 3 gardens with volunteer support and ran school-wide planting day at the East Somerville School, with over 230 students and a dozen teachers participating
- Set up worm bins in 2 classrooms and led workshops on worm composting
- 5 students from the Healey School garden program joined the First Lady at the White House Garden in planting & harvesting, along with our Executive Director Chris Mancini