Thank you for your interest in the Green Team at Groundwork Somerville!
Applications for summer 2018 are now closed. Please email Rae if you want to be notified of Green Team opportunities in the future!
Please contact Rae Axner, Youth Employment Program Manager, for more information or with any questions: email@example.com / text Rae’s cell: 617-959-1324 / call our office: 617-628-9988
The Green Team at Groundwork Somerville is a teen employment program. The Green Team works on projects in urban agriculture, environmental justice, and civic engagement. Green Team Members develop leadership and job skills while building a team and serving their community. The Green Team grows the leadership potential of Somerville youth to work for environmental and social justice.
Green Team basics:
- Must be 14-19 years old to apply
- Can live in Somerville or surrounding cities
- New members can begin during the summer season, and then can apply to return for the fall and spring
Summer 2018 schedule (must be available for the entire season):
- July 3rd – August 17th
- Tuesday through Friday, 8am-1pm (20 hours/week)
- Occasional afternoons and weekend shifts required
- Paid weekly or bi-weekly, $11/hour
- Green Team meets at our office in Union Square or South St Farm (10 min walk from office) and travels to work sites around Somerville including school gardens, the Mystic River waterfront, and more.
Contact Rae Axner, Youth Employment Program Manager with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org / 617-959-1324.