APPLY NOW FOR GREEN TEAM SUMMER 2018!
All of the details and application can be found at bit.ly/greenteam2018.
Application deadline has been EXTENDED to Monday, April 23rd at 11:59 PM.
If you work with teenagers, please share this information with them. You can print out this sheet with all of the information about Green Team.
Please contact Rae Axner, Green Team Coordinator, for more information or with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org / text Rae’s cell: 617-959-1324 / call our office: 617-628-9988
The Green Team at Groundwork Somerville is a teen employment program. The Green Team works on projects in urban agriculture, environmental justice, and civic engagement. Green Team Members develop leadership and job skills while building a team and serving their community. The Green Team grows the leadership potential of Somerville youth to work for environmental and social justice.
Green Team basics:
- Must be 14-19 years old to apply
- Can live in Somerville or surrounding cities
- New members can begin during the summer season, and then can apply to return for the fall and spring
Summer 2018 schedule (must be available for the entire season):
- July 3rd – August 17th
- Tuesday through Friday, 8am-1pm (20 hours/week)
- Occasional afternoons and weekend shifts required
- Paid weekly or bi-weekly, $11/hour
- Green Team meets at our office in Union Square or South St Farm (10 min walk from office) and travels to work sites around Somerville including school gardens, the Mystic River waterfront, and more.
Contact Rae Axner, Green Team Coordinator with questions: email@example.com / 617-959-1324.