- This event has passed.
World Crops Launch Party!
June 10, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Come celebrate the launch of our World Crops Project!
This summer, three mentor farmers will teach the Green Team how to grow food that represents immigrant cultures in our city, helping us to work toward food security for all. We’re excited to be planting Brazilain eggplants, Bangladeshi long beans, and Haitian calaloo and more!
Come celebrate this special project at a Garden Party at Whole Foods Somerville.
· Family Fun! Planting; Face Painting; Food Stories
· Meet the Groundwork Somerville Farmers
· Learn about the Mobile Market
· Food! Grilling and munching.
· TAZA Chocolate Gift Basket Raffle
Whole Foods’ Whole Cities Foundation has generosly provided the funding for our pilot World Crops season. We are extremely grateful to their support!