- This event has passed.
Tufts Community Day
September 26, 2010 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
All are invited to a day of education, art, and family entertainment. All activities, including lunch, are free of charge.
Residents, neighbors and friends are invited to celebrate the eighth annual Community day at Tufts University from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, September 26. The event will take place on the academic quad at Tufts’ Medford and Somerville campus and is cosponsored by the two cities.
Highlights of the day include:
- Complimentary lunch and refreshments
- Exhibits, activities, and resource information presented by Tufts departments/organizations and by Medford and Somerville community groups.
- Tips on safety and fire prevention by police and fire departments
- Music and dance performances by student groups
- Pumpkin painting, crafts, face painting, and other activities for children
Community Day is free and open to the public. All events are handicapped accessible. Events including lunch will take place on the main academic quad at the top of the hill by Goddard Chapel, Ballou Hall and the statue of Jumbo. Community Day will be held rain or shine.
Parking for Community Day is available free of charge in the Tufts parking garage at 419 Boston Avenue, Medford. Take elevators in the Garage up to the 7th floor, exit the building, and walk across the footbridge toward the Quad.
A complimentary shuttle will run from Davis Square (across the street from Somerville Theatre) to the Tufts campus.
For more information about Tufts Community Day, please call the Office of Community Relations at 617-627-3780.
Community Day will be held rain or shine. The event will only be canceled in the event of severe weather. Cancellation information will be posted on the Tufts web site (http://www.tufts.edu) by 8:00AM Sunday morning.