Jobs & Internships
Current summer internship openings include:
- Outreach, Social Media, and Events Intern (1 position available)
All Groundwork Somerville Interns work closely with one another and the rest of the Groundwork staff to build a collaborative and engaging work environment. Positions are overseen by the Deputy Director and Green Team Coordinator. Orientation and training are provided, and weekly staff meetings are held to provide ongoing support.
Groundwork Somerville regrets that we cannot provide direct compensation for these positions. We encourage individuals to look for funding sources, including from their college or university, or through other summer internship funding programs like The Forest Foundation, and will do what we can to support that process.
Groundwork Somerville is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity. Groundwork Somerville does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. People of Color and those with other marginalized identities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Thank you for your interest! We look forward to getting to know you.
Outreach, Social Media, and Events Intern (1 position available)
Dates: Monday, June 12 through Wednesday, August 23 (10 weeks – dates flexible)
Hours: 8-15 hours per week, schedule flexible (Mondays preferred)
Description: The Outreach, Social Media and Events Intern will help Groundwork with all the public facing elements of our work. This will include:
- Creating material that highlights Groundwork Somerville’s work, to be published on Facebook, Instagram and other social media
- Developing fliers and permanent signage for public outreach events (mobile farmers market, tabling events, etc.)
- Event planning and execution: assisting in the delivery of a variety of Groundwork events, including seasonal celebrations, fundraisers, and workshops.
- Experience with social media, non-profit outreach and marketing, and/or event planning
- Bilingual and/or bicultural (Spanish, Haitian Kreyol, or Portuguese preferred)
- Commitment to youth empowerment and anti-oppression work
- Attention to detail and visuals
- Experience with visual arts and/or graphic design a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Excited to work as a member of a team with many moving parts
Send a resume and cover letter describing yourself and your experience, and clearly stating which position (or positions) you are applying for. Email applications in a single PDF file to Jess Bloomer at email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Groundwork Somerville is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.